Derby KS Homepage
When is a Right-of-Way permit required?

A right-of-way permit is required if a resident or utility company is obstructing or excavating in the right-of-way. There is a fee that covers the city’s right-of-way management, permitting, processing and site inspections. Residents and utility companies wanting to do work (such as retaining walls, monuments, berms, etc) within the right-of-way must submit the permit application, plans and fee.

Show All Answers

1. Who is responsible for maintenance in the right-of-way and easement areas?
2. Can I build things in the public right-of-way or easement?
3. Can I stop utility contractors from working in my yard?
4. When is a Right-of-Way permit required?
5. How do I handle trees in the easement that are in the power lines?
6. How do I find my property boundary measurements?
7. How is tree pruning handled in alleys/easements?
8. Can I sweep grass clippings and leaves into the street or gutter?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow