- City Services
- Trash & Recycling
- Commercial Trash Services
Commercial Trash Services
Business Trash Service in Derby
Derby businesses may select a licensed Commercial Trash Hauler for commercial service within the City of Derby.
Small Business Rates
Under the City's contract with Waste Connections for residential trash and recycling services, small businesses are eligible for negotiated rates on curbside trash service. The quarterly fees for service are as follows:
- $70.92 for a business customer with one (1) 95-gallon cart, serviced weekly
- $60 per recycling cart, serviced biweekly
- Both fees will increase 2% annually, beginning on Jan. 1, 2023
Contact Waste Connections at 316-838-4920 to set up small business service. Make sure to tell your customer service representative that you are a small business in Derby and are eligible for these contract rates.
Business Trash Service
All commercial trash haulers collecting nonresidential solid waste and recyclables must be licensed by the City. Companies currently licensed to perform these services in Derby include:
Solid Waste Collection in Derby
Collection and transportation of solid waste in the City of Derby is governed by Section 5.28 of Derby's City Code.
Residential Trash and Recycling Services
Residential refuse and recyclables collection in the City of Derby is governed by an exclusive contract with Waste Connections. That contract may be read here.
Nonresidential Collection and Transportation of Solid Waste and Recyclables
Companies in the business of collecting and transporting nonresidential solid waste within the city must obtain a license by filling out an Application for Solid Waste Collection Non-Residential through the City of Derby, and:
- Have a current Non-Hazardous Solid Waste Transportation Permit from Sedgwick County
- Meet all insurance requirements
- Have vehicle inspections conducted by the Derby Police Department and submit forms with annual application
- Provide a detailed, itemized written list of parties contracted and fulfill required updates
- Obtain a permit
- Pay the annual permit fee
- Abide by all other regulations outlined in City Code
Please contact Development Manager Marcia Hartman at 316-788-3081 or MarciaHartman@derbyweb.com with any questions.