STAR Bonds: Final Phase
- The Dec. 14 public hearing on the STAR Bond final phase will be rescheduled to a meeting in 2022. Date TBA. See the site plan.
- Watch City Council meetings live and on demand on our Channel 7 page.
Overview: Final Phase
View the FAQs
The Final Phase of STAR bonds in Derby is proposed for consideration by the City Council and the Kansas Department of Commerce. Kansas statutes governing STAR bonds require a process of notifications, publications, studies and public hearings. The first step was a City Council presentation on Sept. 14, a public hearing was held Oct. 26 and a second public hearing will be scheduled for a meeting in 2022.
- Sept. 14, 2021: Proposed Expansion of the STAR Bond District and set a public hearing for October 26, 2021 (Resolution 06-2021)
- Watch the meeting video. See Item 8.3.
- Oct. 26, 2021: Public Hearing, Ordinance to Expand STAR Bond District, and Set a Public Hearing to Amend the Project Plan
- Watch the meeting video. See Item 8.2
- A public Open House was held Nov. 30 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Venue at Madison Avenue Central Park, 512 E. Madison Ave.