City requirements for using Bird Scooters
- Riders must be 18 years old to use Bird Scooters.
- Scooters are to be ridden on usable paths or in on-street bike lanes, where available. Scooters may be ridden on streets only when usable paths or bike lanes are unavailable.
- Scooters may not be ridden on streets with posted speed limits greater than 30 miles per hour, including interstates, federal or state highways, except for when crossing the street or highway.
- Riders should review information provided by Bird regarding local and state regulations.
- Riders are encouraged to wear a helmet.
- Scooters may be used for one-way or round-trip travel in Derby and do not have to be returned to their original location.
- Scooters should be parked upright on surfaces outside of the pedestrian pathway on or next to sidewalks, beside a bicycle rack or in other areas designated for bicycle parking.
- Do not park scooters in a way that blocks pedestrian traffic, fire hydrants, call boxes, emergency facilities, utility pole or boxes, loading zones, disabled parking zones, curb ramps, driveways or approaches, motor vehicle driving lanes or bicycle lanes, benches or entrances to private property or driveways.
- All riders must take and submit to Bird a photo when they park at the end of a ride.