Work with Purpose
Top 10 Reasons to Work for Derby
Derby's Number of Female Officers Exceeds the National Average
Derby Police Officers Build Bridge for Resident in Need
The Derby Police Department in Derby, Kansas is looking for civic-minded men and women who have a desire to serve and protect and are willing to build relationships with businesses and residents. Exceptional career advancement opportunities are available.
Derby offers training opportunities for officers to join specialized units such as School Resource Officers, bike patrol, investigations and Special Operations Team.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries starting at $42,536/year with additional pay for experienced officers.
- Hiring Bonus ($2,500 for commissioned officers and $1,500 for prior military)
- Education Pay: All certified officers are eligible to receive education pay of $2,000 ($500 each year for 4 years) for a Bachelor degree and a total of $3,500 ($500 for 7 years) for a Master degree or higher.
- Paid relocation expenses (successful candidate needs to discuss with HR)
- Retirement program - Kansas Police & Fire Retirement System (KP&F)
- Great health and dental benefits
- Competitive vacation, holiday and sick leave (80 hours of paid vacation in year one)
- Corporate gym membership discounts at the YMCA and Derby Recreation Commission
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $2,000/year)
- Shift differential pay (.55 cents/hour for 2nd and 3rd shifts)
- 21 years of age
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Background and physical requirements
- Polygraph and psychological tests
- Good moral character