Why Choose Derby?
Find out why Derby is The Place to Be!
Large enough to have all the amenities you need, yet still small enough to feel like home - Derby truly is the place to be. This is a place where you can raise your family, grow your business, and retire in a community you'll love forever.
- More than 366 acres of parkland in 32 locations, including playground structures and outdoor exercise stations for adults
- A full-service retail sector with major national retailers as well as small, locally owned shops
- A variety of educational opportunities:
- Nine public elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school
- St. Mary Catholic School (PK-8)
- Faith Lutheran School (PK-6)
- Home schooling groups
- Medical options that cover needs and specialties of all kinds: dentists, optometrists, family practice physicians, and specialty care facilities and emergency room.
- More than 25 miles of wide, connected hike and bike paths that can be enjoyed by individuals of all ages
- Derby Chamber of Commerce
- Derby Community Foundation
- Derby Public Schools
- Derby Public Library
- Derby Recreation Commission
- Derby Senior Center
- Hike & Bike Path Map
How we Compare